Let’s Talk Ticks.
GTMO Mosquitos not only rids your yard of pesky mosquitoes, but we take care of ticks too! Did you know that tick season will arrive before mosquito season and hang around after the mosquitoes are gone? Ticks arrive once the ground temperature is above 45 degrees Fahrenheit, so it’s important to have a plan in place in advance.
Ticks May carry a number of pathogens for ten human diseases and spread illnesses such as Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, and Anaplasmosis. These Tick born diseases are major health concerns, reinforcing the need to prevent tick bites. Symptoms of tick-borne illnesses include fever, headache, chills, and muscle aches. Ticks are dangerous and among the most efficient carriers of many disease because they attach firmly to the host when sucking blood, feed slowly and may go unnoticed for a considerable amount of time while feeding.
Many pet owners and parents alike are concerned with ticks, because a tick bite can have serious implications for both children and pets. Five of the ten diseases ticks transmit to humans can also be transmitted your pets. That is why keeping your property tick-free is important.
Quick Tips and Tricks for Additional Tick Prevention!
With help from GTMO Mosquitos, you can get ahead of any ticks, mosquitoes, and other outdoor pest control issues on your property this season by implementing the following habits:
- Keep grass mowed and trees trimmed.
- Move wood piles away from the home.
- It is important to maintain your property and keep pets out of those thickly wooded areas where tick activity is high.
- Homeowners should relocate swing sets, sandboxes, and other play areas away from wooded areas.
- It is recommended to wear long sleeves and pants when walking in wooded or grassy areas to avoid tick bites.
- Inspect and wash clothing immediately after coming inside and inspect kids and pets for tick bites.
- Use a professional outdoor pest control service to protect your property from ticks and mosquitoes.
Ticks cannot jump or fly, they quest, siitting and waiting on the tips of tall grass and shrubs while for hosts they can and attach themselves to When vegetation is brushed by a moving animal or person, ticks quickly let go of the vegetation and climb onto the host mammal.
To avoid this, use prevention methods to keep ticks out of your yard and let GTMO Mosquitos spray your yard and set up a barrier for these intruders. Since our GTMO barrier sprays target shrubbery and other vegetation, we already zone in on where ticks live while waiting for a host.